Over the past few weeks, we have explored the importance of a recruitment process, and how to ensure you are shortlisting effectively as part of that process. Once you have developed this SHORT list of candidates, it is time to arrange face-to-face interviews (whether in person or via live video interviewing).
The interview is an opportunity for hiring managers to meet with the potential new employee and to make determinations on their suitability for the role – and vice versa – That is, the potential new employee needs to determine if the role and the company will be a fit for them as well.
As EXTERNAL Professional Recruiters, Manufacturing Recruitment’s role is to provide support in the outsourced shortlisting process. For the hiring manager or decision makers within the business, the final decision for who you want to employ MUST lie with you.
So what should you be considering to ensure that the interview process is effective?
- Be prepared for the Interview and be on-time – Review the candidate’s application again prior to bringing them into the room and have the details with you.
- Be professional in how YOU present yourself and communicate – This is your first opportunity to gain the respect of your potential new employee.
- Provide an overview of the company and the role – Be honest and positive, but don’t waffle for too long….this should be about 5-10 minutes & must provide a general background.
- Have a prepared Interview Guide – This will include questions specific to the role which allow you to gather details from the candidate about their related experience and capabilities.
- Be aware of the candidate – Give them the chance to ask questions as well.
- Conduct Skills Testing where possible – This should be brief and directly relevant to the role as it is the best indicator for core capability. Examples where skills testing can be applicable are using accounting software, resolving a common IT issue, data entry, and also physical testing for lifting or picking & packing.
Hiring managers need to enter into the interview process with the PURPOSE and OUTCOME in mind. You want to employ a great new employee who is capable and fits within the existing team, so the process needs to support that.
Why Not Outsource YOUR recruitment and save the Headache, Time and Money?
Manufacturing Recruitment utilises an integrated online candidate platform that also incorporates Automated Video Interviews – Saving you time in the shortlisting process so that you can focus on the top few candidates to interview.
Manufacturing Recruitment is a genuine outsource recruitment option with a cost-effective hourly charge model. You can outsource as much or as little as you want. No job is too big or too small – $50 to $5,000.
For an obligation free discussion feel free to give Kim Acworth a call on 0411 278 281 or email at email@example.com.
Find out more Here